Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Book Ideas for Kids

We went to Barnes and Noble last night. I picked out some books that I thought kids my age would like to read. My Mom said she was taking notes for my birthday and Christmas.

 Sounds of the Wild - Mythical Creatures by Maurice Pledger


This book is neat because all the animals are fantasy creatures like dragons, werewolves, and unicorns. The animals pop up and there are all sorts of sounds they might make if they were real.


 I love Shel Silverstein poems because they are so funny. Nasty School is my favorite. Here's part of that poem. It is silly.

You get to nasty school through a secret gate.
The first rule is you must be late.
Your hands and face must be all caked with dirt.
There must be lots of grease and gravy spots upon your shirt.
In class, instead of listening, you just talk,
And make those awful squeaks upon the blackboard with your chalk.
You must make sure your shoes are wet and muddy,
And as for homework, you must guarantee you haven’t studied.


I have only read the first Emily book by Liz Kessler. I want the rest of them for my birthday. She is half girl and half mermaid. Emily has a lot of adventures. Under the sea is a whole world where Neptune is in charge.


Goddess Girls is by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams. My school library has a lot of these books. I have not read this one yet. They are all written at a school called Mt. Olympus Academy and sometimes the gods and goddesses have olympics. You can learn about Greek myths for fun if you read these.


This is such a cool book. It has all sorts of weird animals like a hairless cat. You should get this if you like learning things that not everyone knows already.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!